Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Toot


Watch the video


I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'm going to for just a minute. I edited this video to include subtitles and I am pretty damned proud of myself for figuring it out. I had some help from a handout made by a professor at Ohio State, but part of the instructions were chopped off, so I had to figure it out from the Quick Time instructions.

This may not sound like a big deal, but for me, this spells some seriously monumental growth. Two years ago I broke down in tears and frustration because I spent an hour reading the Garage Band manual and got completely stuck. I can't remember a moment where I felt more stupid than I did that day. I felt like the dumb driver who relies on their car everyday, but has NO CLUE how it works.

I'm not stupid, but I didn't grow up with all this technology (I got a B.A. without using a computer once), and it has confounded me for years. It's not a joke that my blog is subtitled "The Audio/Visual Adventures of a Thirty Something Technophobe." I have been scared off by computer technology for YEARS.

So, it is with that background in mind, that I stop for a minute to pat myself on the back for everything I have learned in the past 9 months. Toot, toot!

1 comment:

pixelville said...

I remember that day distinctly. And now check this out with that badass picture of the blue glitter car. I want me one of those!!!

ehem, anyway, keep tearin' it up in the technosphere. seriously.