Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just Say YES

OK, so maybe I am not the only one who feels this way, I don't know, but I get really tired of going to public parks, public pools, art museums, movie theaters, etc. (places that are supposed to be fun), only to be confronted by GIANT signs commanding me not to do this, that, or the other thing.

Why do we always have to have signs telling us what NOT to do, rather than telling us what we can do? NO ROLLER BLADES, NO SKATEBOARDS, NO BICYCLES, NO RADIOS, NO RUNNING, NO YELLING, NO JUMPING, NO, NO, NO!

All those bold typed large font NO's put me in a bad mood and make me forget why I came to the pool in first place.

So, in my futuristic Utopian world, there will be signs in parks and on playgrounds and at swimming pools that command community members to just say YES.









Maybe then we would have fewer wars.

1 comment:

pixelville said...

Small Steps to the Revolution.

Step One is to create the new and happier signs in real life and replace the old ones! This would be a good opportunity to explore a partnership with the guy who carves those huge wooden yard bears at Como Mower.